Search This Blog

Friday 20 October 2017

My Trip To Cardiff, Wales

Hello there you beautiful beings of the blog-o-sphere!

Today's post is a throwback to my recent trip to Cardiff, Wales. This particular trip came about rather spontaneously. I was at a house party in Chislehurst one weekend, with all of my university friends, having a reunion filled with beer pong, jelly shot battleships, and a classic game of Cards Against Humanity (I suggest playing it sans parents or elderly relatives). Being unemployed (and ever so slightly tipsy), one of my friends suggested that we book a bus to Cardiff to visit one of our other uni friends who had recently moved to the city with his girlfriend. Clearly I'm more spontaneous when I'm unemployed (or the one two many homemade cocktails let my spontaneous side seep out), as I went along with the suggestion without any hesitation and booked our £10 return tickets right there and then- and a day later we packed our overnight bags and were off! Our last minute decision to visit our uni friends in Cardiff was definitely worth it, and although the classic Cardiff weather, consisting of wind and rain, was testing us throughout the trip, we had an amazing time nonetheless. I particularly enjoyed wandering around the pedestrianised cobbled city streets, taking the single-carriage shuttle train across to Cardiff bay, and looking around the castle fort and manor house. It only took 3 and a half hours to get from London to Cardiff by Megabus, and in all honesty, the journey wasn't bad at all. There are plug sockets and free Wifi, and as long as you remember to download some music or a few of your favourite TV shows from Netflix, you'll be just fine! So if you do find yourself looking for a quick weekend get away and don't want to spend a fortune, hop on a Megabus and head to Cardiff (just remember to bring an umbrella and a coat!) Need more convincing- see some of my snapshots below :)









Thanks for stopping by! 

- Olivia Charlotte Alice 
Xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading ! Xx

© Organically Olive. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig