Search This Blog

Sunday 10 January 2016

Life Lessons with Part 1: Face your fears

Why hello there, you beautiful beings of the blog-o-sphere! 

Today is the day I finally kick of my new mini blog series called 'Life lessons with Livvy'. Yes I know I go by 'Organically Olive' or 'Olivia Charlotte Alice' on this little blog of mine, but in reality everyone in my life calls me 'Livvy' or if your my sister you call me 'Olive' which is actually how I came up with my blog name (thanks sis!) Life lessons with 'livvy' also just sounds far better (in my humble opinion)!

Today, the first of my life lessons will be about fear, and how we should all learn to face them...head on! Read further if you want to read my ramblings... :)


Related image

One of the most important life lessons I have learnt over the years, is that running away from your problems is a race you will never win. To win, you must turn to face the pile of issues in front of you and tackle them head on. Trust me, within you, lies the strength and power, necessary to overcome any problem that comes your way. The only way to leave your fears behind is to embrace them. How do you overcome them? You pull your head out from under the sand! Do the thing that scares you most. Many of us have ambitions and goals, but just as many of us also become overwhelmed by the pressure to achieve those goals. We fear the struggle that comes with the possibility of failure, and the unrelenting force of self-doubt that eats away at our potential. What I have learned over the years is the importance of embracing those feelings, feeling that fear, but instead of allowing it to get at you, instead you ignore that voice in your head telling you that you can’t accomplish anything and you do it anyway.

Fear is inevitable. It’s a part of what helps us understand who we are, and it challenges us to overcome different things that come our way, helping us grow and become better as individuals in our characteristics, skills, and so much more. Instead of burying and avoiding your fears, find the courage to face and examine them. Often fears are rooted in uncertainty and insecurity. If we admit this to ourselves, we can eventually overcome or at least lessen them. Try and figure out what is behind the fear- is it a bad experience from the past or something that happened or was said to you or to someone else? Try and be rational about the situation. Usually things work out better than we expect – and our fears are often blown out of proportion. Do you need help in acquiring skills (such as social skills)? If so, how can you get the help you need? What steps can you take to help to lessen your fear? Ask yourself, “What is the worst thing that could happen?”- Then ask yourself, “How likely is it that that will happen?” In all likelihood the chances are small. Also, ask yourself, “What would I do if the worst possible thing happened? Would I be able to survive it?” The chances are it would be bad – but not the end of the world. Move your focus from the past to the present and the future. Instead of getting bogged down in failures and regrets, see the present as an opportunity to take a small step to build a better, brighter future.



Please do share your own bits of advice below, and let me know your views on the matter.
Thanks for stopping by!

- Olivia Charlotte Alice
Xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading ! Xx

© Organically Olive. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig